How to get ready for your first Boudoir Photoshoot
If you're considering a boudoir photoshoot, congratulations! It can be a fun and empowering experience. However, it's normal to feel a bit nervous or unsure of how to prepare. Here are some tips to help you feel confident and ready for your first boudoir photoshoot.
Personal grooming is an important aspect of any boudoir photoshoot. You want to feel clean and polished, so take some time to pamper yourself beforehand. Here are some things to consider:
- Hair removal: Decide on your preferred method of hair removal and take care of it a few days before the shoot. This will give your skin time to recover if you experience any redness or irritation.
- Skincare: Make sure your skin is clean and moisturized. Consider doing a facial or using a sheet mask the night before to give your skin an extra glow.
- Nails: Get a manicure and pedicure or do them yourself. You don't need anything fancy, but clean, polished nails can make a big difference in how you feel.
- Makeup: If you're doing your own makeup, practice beforehand to get a look you're comfortable with. If you're hiring a makeup artist, communicate your preferences and any concerns you may have. Boudoir Studios, like mine, typically include hair and makeup in each package.
Personal Grooming recommendations in Winnipeg
Winnipeg has many excellent locations for personal grooming to help you feel your best! Here are some places we've tried and loved.
All locations I recommend below are located on Treaty 1 land, Winnipeg Manitoba.
Finding the right outfit
When it comes to boudoir photoshoots, less is often more. However, it's important to choose an outfit that makes you feel comfortable and confident. Here are some things to consider:
- Color: Choose a color that complements your skin tone and makes you feel good. Reds, pinks, and black are popular choices.
- Style: Think about what style of lingerie or outfit you feel most comfortable in. Do you prefer something lacy and feminine or something more edgy and daring?
- Fit: Make sure your outfit fits well and accentuates your best features. If you're unsure, try on a few different options before the shoot to see what looks best.
Shops we recommend
Below are a list of retail stores in Winnipeg, Manitoba and some Canadian online shops we love to support.
Other online shops we love
Still haven't found your style? Below are more online lingerie and body inclusive brands that we love to support!
Remember, the most important thing is that you feel good in your outfit and confident in your own skin. Don't be afraid to communicate your preferences and concerns with your photographer beforehand.
By following these tips, you can feel confident and ready for your first boudoir photoshoot. Remember to have fun and enjoy the experience!